Looking for a great career with competitive pay and benefits?
Sputtering Components is an industry-leading company with a professional yet comfortable work environment.
Our current openings include the following:
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for receiving shipments, maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels, and picking goods as needed for SCI sales orders. They must report shortages, overages, and all inventory levels monthly for replenishment. This process ensures continued operations and avoids product or inventory discrepancies. This person is responsible for classifying, labeling, and warehousing all inventory for future use. They must keep accurate records of inventory levels and location for easy retrieval. This is critical in keeping the department organized and efficient. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for communicating with all department managers and purchasing on inventory levels and locations. They must maintain a record of all transfers and disposal. The Inventory Control Specialist must implement and follow a control system to reduce damage, breakage, and inventory obsolescence.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Receive purchase parts and stock to correct locations
• Receive and issue finished goods into the computer database
• Troubleshoot receipt discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel
• Prepare monthly reports for cycle count and picklist counts for monthly highlights
• Prepare and participate in yearly physical inventory
• Develop an accurate and consistent inventory reporting structure
• Maintain organized inventory including clean and properly labeled inventory locations
• Receive finished goods into Made2Manage (M2M) and place in correct inventory location. Maintain inventory locations.
• Work with departments to identify changes in schedule
• Is able to accurately pick parts from inventory and prepare them for assembly based on sales order needs and schedules
• Charged with maintaining parts and assembly transport carts for proper production flow
• Previous experience with warehousing or similar inventory control processes
• Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel) needed. Experience with Made2Manage (M2M) or equivalent ERP system preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have great organizational skills and be able to multi-task
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment
• Detailed oriented
• Accuracy with data entry
• Must be willing to work in a team environment
• Flexibility to learn from and support all departments
• Trust, Ownership, Passion
• Focused on customer care
• Focused on quality and result
• Effective communications and building relationships
• Position requires standing and walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects, reaching (including overhead), and crouching
• Moves around the shop including around machinery and office area throughout the day
• Applies manual dexterity and visual acuity for using mechanical and electronic tools and equipment
• Hears and communicates within normal parameters
• May lift up to 50 lbs. and/or use minimal amount of force to carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
• Normal manufacturing shop working conditions including noise, and minimal exposure to dust
• Airconditioned and heated (climate-controlled) environment
• No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.